The water and aquatic environments glossary disseminates, in open access, definitions of more than 1400 terms on water and aquatic biodiversity, in French, English and Spanish, to facilitate the understanding of these terms by the largest number. It is :
- searchable online and downloadable in different formats (HTML, PDF, ASCII, JSON, RDF-XML, OWL);
- collaborative because any user can submit a request for modification or addition of terms;
- shared because its content is available to all, and set to automatically feed other websites;
- built according to the standards of the semantic web (RDF, SKOS, SPARQL, ...) thus making it possible to disseminate structured and optimized information for more efficient uses and automated reuses by search engines and Internet sites;
- linked to other knowledge bases (such as the water thesaurus, the GEMET thesaurus, ...) in order to achieve aggregations of content from different sources.